Losing teeth is never fun. Whether it happens as a result of an infection, injury, or decay, our cosmetic dentist suggests replacing your missing teeth as soon as possible. When it comes to tooth replacement options, patients typically must choose between dental implants or dentures.
So which one makes the most sense for you? Keep reading as we discuss the similarities and differences of these tooth restoration solutions.
Benefits of Choosing Dentures
Here are five reasons to choose dentures:
- Aesthetics – Replacement teeth have come a long way, especially in terms of aesthetics. When you go in for your initial consultation, you will see that dentures today come in various shapes, sizes, and shades. An experienced cosmetic dentist will ensure your dentures match your gum color as much as possible.
- Affordability – Needing to replace multiple teeth but don’t want to break the bank doing so? Along with traditional dental bridges, dentures are the most affordable tooth replacement solution. However, as we’ll touch on with dental implants later in the post, cost shouldn’t be the only thing factored into your decision.
- Non-invasive – If you’d rather not go through surgery for an improved smile, dentures may be your best bet. Not only is the process for making dentures non-invasive, but you won’t have to worry about downtime, either. Getting fitted for customized dentures is quick and pain-free.
- Adjustable – There may come a time when it makes sense to have your dentures adjusted. Your cosmetic dentist will make the necessary modifications to account for further tooth loss. Dental implants, on the other hand, are not adjustable.
- Face support – A good candidate for dentures is someone without much height between their upper and lower jaws. With correctly made dentures, your face will no longer look as though it has collapsed inwards.
Benefits of Choosing Dental Implants
Here are five reasons to choose dental implants:
- Comfort – Whereas traditional dentures can slip around in your mouth and cause discomfort, dental implants are fixed to the jawbone like natural teeth. Ask someone with dental implants about the overall feel of this tooth restoration option and chances are they’ll talk about how the comfort and stability of their new teeth.
- Value – As aforementioned, dentures remain popular among patients because of their affordability. However, should you opt for dentures, you can expect to replace them every few years. Though dental implants are a bit pricier upfront, they provide greater in the long run. With dental implants, you should never have to worry about pursuing a tooth restoration solution again.
- Appearance – We already discussed how dentures today come in various sizes, shapes, and shades. That said, because of the way dentures are constructed, they can be noticeable should they ever come loose or cause discomfort. With dental implants, you don’t have to worry about having teeth that look unnatural. Additionally, dental implants support your cheeks and lips.
- Maintenance – Do you really want to commit to regularly cleaning dentures for the next handful of years? Whereas a great deal of time and energy goes into maintaining this traditional tooth restoration product, dental implants require minimal upkeep. Just be sure to keep up with your brushing, flossing, and routine dental cleanings.
- Eating – Those with dentures are somewhat limited in what they can eat. For example, should you move forward with dentures, you will have to avoid a number of hard and sticky foods. Because dental implants actually restore your ability to chew food, you shouldn’t have to be concerned about such limitations.
Choose Our Cosmetic Dentist for Tooth Restoration
Here at New Smile Dentures And Implants, we understand that every patient’s dental needs are different. That’s why we offer several tooth restoration services, including dentures, dental implants, and our revolutionary New Smile in a Day treatment.
Our staff wants you to feel comfortable in our practice. When you come in for an initial consultation, we will perform a complimentary X-ray, suggest next steps for treatment, and answer any questions you may have. You can count on our cosmetic dentist to be transparent throughout the process, while also suggesting alternative treatments based on your budget.
A bright, beautiful smile is always attainable with New Smile Dentures And Implants! Schedule a consultation today.